- This event has passed.
Knoxville Maker City Summit with ETSY
September 19, 2016 @ 5:00 pm - September 20, 2016 @ 1:00 am
Join us for a day of discussion about public policy and the local maker movement, featuring panel discussions, breakaway and feedback sessions, food trucks and a “Meet Your Maker” cocktail hour.
Our hope is to bring together makers, artists, developers, manufacturers, city officials, and entrepreneurs in order to develop a platform of information that will create a stronger maker community.
We have partnered with Etsy on this event are excited to host the first Knoxville Maker City Summit.
We are also creating a free directory on our website, and we’d like to add you. This directory will be available to the public, local makers, organizations, manufacturers, etc. to allow them to better understand what you do in Knoxville.
FEATURING PANEL DISCUSSIONS ON:
- What is a Maker City
- (Re)Defining Maker Spaces
- Growing a Business and Customer Base
- Creative Manufacturing
- Ribbon cutting with Mayor Rogero and Etsy, proclaiming Knoxville an official “Maker City.”
- Maker City brainstorming and feedback session
- Maker meet-and-greet cocktail hour with local businesses including Knox Makers, Retropolitan Craft Fair, Cold Gold Jewelry, Native Maps, the Central Collective,Striped Light, KCHST, and many more!
Questions? Email us directly at email@example.com